On June 14th, 15 ladies enjoyed a delicious luncheon in the hall. Thanks to Julia for making this possible.
Shortly after 1:30 pm we continued with our meeting:
- Reports were given and dealt with as usual
- Our ministry outreach was able to donate $200 to Farm Food, Africa and $200 to PWRDF for the Foodgrains Bank
- A donation of $200 (from A.C.W. general fund) was sent to the Refugee Settlement Group in Gananoque to help Ukrainian refugees settle into their living arrangements.
- “The Say ‘Yes’ to Kids” campaign of the Anglican Foundation of Canada was discussed. This resulted in a motion made and passed to give $1,000 to support the St. Thomas Fundraising Team in our Diocese, and for Mayor Paterson’s fund to help Ukrainian students studying in Kingston
- A.C.W. congratulated St. Mark’s Special Project’s Group for their successful ‘Platinum Jubilee Tea’
- On Saturday June 18th, A.C.W. prepared a reception following the Celebration of Life for the late Betty Saul.
- A.C.W. does not meet again until Tuesday September 13, 2022.
Mark these dates in your calendar:
- St. Mark’s A.C.W. will host the Frontenac Regional meeting on October 11, 2022.
- The Annual Bazaar is booked for Saturday November 19th
Katherine Huffman, President